Sep 25, 2017

Autumn

We've had a busy summer. I was hoping it would be slow and relaxing, and that just didn't happen. Now I'm trying to keep our autumn schedule from getting out of control.

Ben is working night shifts for the next two months. We're still waiting to hear about our next location.

James starting his once-per-week kindergarten program. It's been really good so far. He also started soccer a few weeks ago. The first game he refused to play, but since then he's played and even scored a few goals. I've also got him in swim lessons, and he's been making huge improvements there as well. Oct 5th he is scheduled for a minor ear surgery at the hospital. When he had his 5 yr check up, he missed 50% on his hearing test. Basically, he just has a lot of hardened ear wax that is stuck. The ENT could get it out, but James was just too wiggly, so they need to make him sleep through the procedure.
a
I'm doing well. Currently working on completing my BYU-I application. I don't know when I'll enroll in any classes, maybe after Christmas. Other than that I'm just keeping the house together.

Here are a few pictures from the last month or so.

At the Citizen Cope concert.


Walking around the Oregon State campus. So much as changed! Loved seeing all the beautiful trees and flowers. Definitely miss walking around this place every day. 

Spent a day at the beach/Newport with Heather's kids. I just love the sea lions!



How we watched the eclipse. I admit, I wish we had made it a higher priority. Oh well.


The canyon from the lodge of Cave of the Winds in Colorado Springs. 

This really is one of the best zoo's. We had so much fun feeding these giraffe's. 

Took a drive up Pike's Peak. 

Picking tomatoes for me. 

Sunday shenanigans. James loves to wear the bow tie to church.

Went to Morrison for Cider Fest.

Pressing apples for cider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment