Apr 12, 2018

Spring 2018



I literally just hit submit on my final exam for my FAM 160 class. I enjoyed that class, but I am so glad to be done with it. I was really struggling towards to end to stay motivated to sit and do assignments. At the end of the day, I just want to sit down with a book or watch Parks and Rec with Ben. I will not be registering for classes next semester. There is no way I want to be taking classes and trying to move across the country at the same time, possibly also pregnant. No thank you!

I'm nearing the end of IVF treatment. Every morning and evening, Ben gives me 1-2 injections in my abdomen. A drug called Follistim is for egg growth. Ganirelix tells my body not to ovulate. They just added Menopur to my regime, which is also for egg development. Then I have blood work and ultrasounds every 2 days so my doc can stay up to date on my progress. I have 20 eggs on one side, 17 on the other. If everything goes 100% according to plan, we're looking at a lot of embryo options for implantation. Anything left will be frozen for at least a year. Ben and I will have to decide more once we know what we're dealing with. I'm hoping for Monday the 16th to be egg retrieval day. I'll be asleep, just like getting my wisdom teeth out. Tylenol for any cramping later and be on my feet by Tuesday. 
All in all, I feel fine right now. I can tell the eggs are growing. I usually sleep on my tummy during the night, and now it feels like small bags of marbles are in my lower abdomen. When the nurses or doctor ask me if I'm experiencing any discomfort, I tell them it's not bad, and they kind of look at me like "it's coming, don't worry". Thanks guys.

Ben is still working on school stuff. We are still waiting to hear if the AF approves of Ben's choice of The Citadel. Hopefully in two weeks or so. Some other captains already have moving orders to their locations. Ben got an email basically saying "we're working on it, don't be concerned that you haven't heard yet". If The Citadel doesn't work, Ben is applying to schools in Boston, Dallas, and Seattle. And there's always Dayton.

James is down to just 3 days of "school" left. I'll continue working with him throughout the summer, but the supplement program he's been in is almost done. I have LOVED his teacher. I've been thinking about what I want to do for next year, wherever we end up living. I can see us homeschooling in Charleston, and having regular trips to the many gardens, swamps, and beaches. Plus all the historical sites in and around Charleston. If we end up in Dayton, I can see us going to visit Church history sites and Amish communities. 
James is making good progress in language arts. He is reading beginner books, and we are working on his handwriting. He has a love of numbers, and is constantly asking Ben and I to answer math equations. I should be taking advantage of his number love, but I don't love the math curriculum I have. I'm waiting till June when The Good and The Beautiful releases their new math curriculum. 

That's it for us. Spring is finally making an appearance in Colorado. I'm so over snow, and the cold. 

1 comment:

  1. Soooo....should I plan on grabbing Uber when I land on Monday at 2:30? I'm fine with that!

    ReplyDelete